Saturday, March 7, 2009

changes around my home

I find that every January/February, I get the itch to change up the decor around my place. Maybe it's taking down all the Christmas decor, maybe the start of a new year, or maybe it's the 'hump' of winter...

this year, I moved a few things on the walls & put up a bulletin board with friends and family photos. I also recovered a chair I've been meaning to do since Oma bought it for me at a garage sale years ago! With some help from Sandra and Donal & a good sale on fabric at Joann's, I have a new chair at the top of the stairs for only $25.00 :)






I got a new bed (thanks, Mom & Dad) and had fun making new pillows (with my new sewing machine, thanks to Leanne!). Still need to make a headboard and window drapes, but I'm lovin the new patterns and fabrics so far.