Friday, March 27, 2009

some home decor projects...

Yesterday I returned from a trip to see my friends & family in Lethbridge, Alberta. While there, I did a handmade card workshop on Monday night - it was a lot of fun, we were done in good time, and it was a nice evening with old and new friends :) I promised to post some pictures of some of the home decor projects I've done - so, here you are!


A gift for my niece, Chelsie. The frame and letters were purchased at my local scrapbook store Clipper Street Scrapbooking



I took a class with Deanna Hutchinson at Clipper Street - we made the middle canvas (12x12) in the class. I then later added the two 6x12 canvases to each side for West & East Coast.




My sister Leanne gave me this cool vinyl wall art/quote... I made each of the frames/canvases and arranged them on the wall around the quote.



I visited New York City a few summers ago with my brother Curtis - and LOVED the city! It was always a dream to go there, and I took hundreds of photos in three days. (looking forward to going back someday) I created this canvas arrangement for my front hallway. The top 3 canvases are 12x12 and the bottom three are 12x24. The large photos are 12x18, printed at Costco.





A co-worker liked the canvases so much, she asked me to make her a set, too. She had a few changes (photos in color, Times Square in the centre) so they're a little different...


A baby gift for my cousin.


These canvases with family photos I created a number of years ago, and will be re-doing them soon. Stay tuned!




Excellent Christmas gifts - calendars on thin 'canvases' (from the dollar store)...